cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token Generation in FNMS

Hi Everyone, Could anyone please help me know if it is possible to generate an API refresh token in FNMS through the existing account, and how?  

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Based on the way you've asked this question, I assume you are using the FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud  UI (which is soon to be retired and replaced with the Flexera One UI).

A bearer token can be obtained by going to Accounts > All Accounts > Create an account > Service account in the web UI. Add a new account, and the token will be displayed once when the account is created. Be sure to remember the token, as once you navigate away from the page it is impossible to retrieve the token. If you forget the token you need to create a new service account to get another token.

With that said, I'm not fully sure that this is the type of token you are looking for. Can you clarify what API you are using? That may help to confirm whether the info I've given here is relevant for your scenario.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Based on the way you've asked this question, I assume you are using the FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud  UI (which is soon to be retired and replaced with the Flexera One UI).

A bearer token can be obtained by going to Accounts > All Accounts > Create an account > Service account in the web UI. Add a new account, and the token will be displayed once when the account is created. Be sure to remember the token, as once you navigate away from the page it is impossible to retrieve the token. If you forget the token you need to create a new service account to get another token.

With that said, I'm not fully sure that this is the type of token you are looking for. Can you clarify what API you are using? That may help to confirm whether the info I've given here is relevant for your scenario.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thanks, Chris.

I was actually looking to get the token regenerated with an existing account.

I got the answer from your solution that there is no way to regenerate, unlike in FlexeraOne.