cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to redirect FNMS to the new database server

Hi, 

is there a similar document explaining how to redirect FNMS to the new database server as we have for FNMEA?

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Steps-to-Redirect-FNMEA-to-the-New-Database-Servers-Admin/ta-p/122674

Thanks

(1) Solution

I happened to stumble onto a truncated document that might help you.  The table of contents in the document contains more topics than are actually documented, and I don't know if this is by design or if something "got lost" at the time the file was attached.

Take a look at https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/FNMS-2018-R1-Cloning-Prod-to-Dev/td-p/95321.   The first reply contains a document called "Restore Prod to Dev.docx".

Does anyone from Flexera know if that document is truncated by design?

--Mark

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

I happened to stumble onto a truncated document that might help you.  The table of contents in the document contains more topics than are actually documented, and I don't know if this is by design or if something "got lost" at the time the file was attached.

Take a look at https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/FNMS-2018-R1-Cloning-Prod-to-Dev/td-p/95321.   The first reply contains a document called "Restore Prod to Dev.docx".

Does anyone from Flexera know if that document is truncated by design?

--Mark

The Community thread referred to above is a good place to get some pointers on handling this scenario.

@mfeinman - I'm not sure if I'm missing something about what you're looking at, but I can't see any obvious truncation that has occurred in the file you have referred to.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG ...

The attached file "Restore Prod to Dev.docx", found in the link, has a table of contents that says there are 57 pages with various topics, but the document itself is only 9 pages long and appears to be missing most of what the table of contents lists.

That's what I meant by "truncation".

--Mark

It looks like the Table of Contents you're seeing is somehow for another document. Open the file in Word, put the cursor in the table of contents, and press F9 to update the TOC to reflect the contents of this document.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I have had to do this in the past and it's relatively simple   I believe it's just a few registry keys on the application server, and one or two reference points in the DB that you to update with a SQL Query.  If interested, i believe i have the steps documented and can pass along.

Thanks for replays. It looks like [.\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" forceUpdateConfig] does a trick and change required DB connection strings. Just you have to run it on Web and Batch / Application servers.

In our case we are trying to restore from SQL 2016 Server backup to SQL 2017 Server which trigger additional challenges with Microsoft SQL Server Common Language Runtime (CLR) Integration. But this is not related to initial question, I will create new thread if we won’t be able to find solution.   

@marius , If you're having some assembly permissions issues we had quite a bit of trouble with the version of the sqlproceduresclr assembly.  What we had in our database was an unsigned version.  I worked with Brad Wong to get the assembly un-installed and to install the newer, signed version. 

We were running FNMS 2021 R1 but performed a migration from SQL 2012 to SQL 2017 (and then to SQL 2019).  It was migrating to SQL 2017 where we noticed the assembly version previously installed was not signed.  You could also set the database "Trustworthy" to "true" but we didn't want to go that route for security reasons.