cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify Credential for adoption on created rule

Team,

We have windows & non windows devices for adoption. Credential are different for both kind of devices. we have added both credential in beacon password manager however while running the rule, we have seen wrong credential gets select for devices & result gets failed due to this.

Can you suggest if we can enforce credential based on created rule.

@ChrisG 

(1) Solution

Hi @durgeshsingh , 

You can apply filters for passwords, so that they can connect/validate only to those systems. IN Password manager click on view\edit on the account and mention the IPs based on the password and check by running the rule again. 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @durgeshsingh , 

You can apply filters for passwords, so that they can connect/validate only to those systems. IN Password manager click on view\edit on the account and mention the IPs based on the password and check by running the rule again. 

we have tried this option but no luck. it was taking random password only.

Team,

i have created filter with IP address with comma 7 checked filter option in password manager interface. Its working fine.

Is there any option for bulk case.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I think credentials used for various operations should be based on the "Account type" that is selected when configuring the password:

image.png

If you're seeing (for example) a password registered with a type of "Windows domain account" being used when attempting to make an SSH connection to a target device then that would be a little surprising. But I may be misunderstanding how this process works...

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)