cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceNow integration via WSDL

Hello, 

I would like to know the best way to integrate the ServiceNow SAM data to FNMS using the WSDL link provided via ServiceNow. 

DO FNMS support this type of integration or if any plugins need to be used for API please suggest?

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Judging from the documentation, WSDL might be part of the existing solution. It is just not mentioned in the documention (at least not for the ServiceNow adapter).

2020-05-06_16h04_42.png

The out of the box adapter mentioned by Markward unfortunately only supports the transfer of asset and contract data from ServiceNow to Flexera. An extension of the data volume would have to be checked in the corresponding scripts in ServiceNow and the MID server.

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNMSInvAdaptersAndConnectorsReference.pdf

(Page 317)

Alternatively you can provide a SOAP Web service for each table in ServiceNow using the standard function of ServiceNow. The information is then imported and processed using the Business Adapter Studio.

What kind of data do you want to transfer from ServiceNow to Flexera and why not connect the corresponding data sources directly to Flexera and save yourself the effort.

Best,

Dennis

actually the ServiceNow is managed by multiple team and only certain team wanted to send the data to FNMS so they don't want to share via mid server

In this case I would recommend my second option and each team can provide their content

"Alternatively you can provide a SOAP Web service for each table in ServiceNow using the standard function of ServiceNow. The information is then imported and processed using the Business Adapter Studio"

Hi, 

I am using the soap message to get the data but still getting the error message 

Attached the same for your reference