cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Inventory Issues

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate Oracle Inventory on windows server2003 with FNMS2019R2 agent.

at the first trial, it failed because of some trouble in installing agent then, I tried to use FNMS2016R1 agent version but there were no Oracle Inventory even the server have correct oracle server (instance is running) and inventorysettings.xml file is located at same place with ndtrack.

this version of windows server have no programdata folder but have c:\documenttsandsettings\user\applicationdata folder have folder including inventory files.

there was no output for Oracle Inventory with many trying.

is there anyone who know this problem?

regards,

gotqcorp

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
There is a wide range of possibility of what may be going on here, but I would start by looking in the tracker.log file that was produced by the inventory gathering process for any hints about what is and is not happening. For example, this file will indicate if the InventorySettings.xml was not found, if Oracle Database instances were found but could not be inventoried for some reason, etc.

Tip: If you have a log file from a computer where Oracle inventory was successfully gathered then that can be useful to compare what "good" logging looks like compared to "bad" logging.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)