Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan file upload failing

oqueck
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

recently we're facing a couple of cases where the uploading of our scan file generated via our FlexNet Inventory Agent is failing with following errors:

Error 0xE0000068: Connection reset by peer

Error 0xE050044D: Failed to create remote directory /ManageSoftRL

ERROR: Remote directory is invalid

and > Error (sm189m263)

Please find a screenshot from the tracker.log attached. Any hint would be helpful.

Thanks & best regards

Oliver

(1) Solution

Hi @oqueck 

Is the beacon that is being uploaded to using the self-hosted web service by any chance?  Last time I saw the closed by peer connection message it was an unhandled exception with the self-hosted service and switching to IIS on the beacon resolved it.

Can you confirm if that's the case here?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

it looks like the correct details for the beacon has not been defined in the registry to me, unless the beacon is called "beacon" on the "domain.com" domain 🙂

2019-12-04_15-10-22.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-collins-7aa71a3b

Hi,

I did exchange this beacon.domain with the real customer name, because I didn't want to show this to everybody.

Regards

Oliver

Hi @oqueck 

Is the beacon that is being uploaded to using the self-hosted web service by any chance?  Last time I saw the closed by peer connection message it was an unhandled exception with the self-hosted service and switching to IIS on the beacon resolved it.

Can you confirm if that's the case here?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.