cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconciliation Not Running?

In our stage environment we've noticed that our reconciliation hasn't run in a couple of weeks and the compliance logs haven't updated in that same period of time. The scheduled task for running the reconciliation is still running daily without errors. Something is clearly stuck and the System Tasks in the web ui shows SCCM imports running for 2 days even though no tasks are actually still running. Rather than just bouncing the server and hoping that fixes it we'd like to know what might be causing this situation to avoid it in the future. Has anyone run into anything similar? 

(1) Solution
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

I would suggest opening Windows Services on your batch processing server and validating that the FlexNet Manager Batch Processor and FlexNet Manager Batch Process Scheduler services are running. More often than not when i see symptoms similar to what you've described it is because the Scheduler service has stopped and not restarted for some reason. If one or both are not started i would restart them both. Please note that once you do this all queued tasks will begin to run which may take some time.

- Dan

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

I would suggest opening Windows Services on your batch processing server and validating that the FlexNet Manager Batch Processor and FlexNet Manager Batch Process Scheduler services are running. More often than not when i see symptoms similar to what you've described it is because the Scheduler service has stopped and not restarted for some reason. If one or both are not started i would restart them both. Please note that once you do this all queued tasks will begin to run which may take some time.

- Dan

Also check the latest version of the following LOG files on your FNMS Batch server for any error messages, please:

• C:\ProgramData\FlexeraSoftware\Compliance\Logging\BatchProcessScheduler\BatchProcessor.log
  • C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\ComplianceReader\importer-[xxxxxxx]-[xxx].log

Try to manually trigger the 'Inventory import and license reconcile' task from Task Scheduler. After triggering this task, you should observe a new LOG file being created in the 'ComplianceReader' log folder.

In case the ComplianceImport is not triggered, there might be something wrong with the Microsoft Message Queue configuration. Uninstalling Microsoft Message Queueing, followed by re-installing Message Queuing and re-running the FNMS configuration PowerShell scripts on the FNMS application server usually fixes this sort of problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. We knew something was wrong because we had checked those logs and even after running the task you mentioned we still weren't seeing any new compliance reader logs show up. Looks like it was the Batch Process Scheduler service that was no longer running was the issue.