cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order Upload - Do I include Contract Number and Maintenance for entitlements?

Hello Community,

I'm populating a purchase order upload for a PO where I have a line 1 for perpetual entitlements and a line 2 for maintenance.

Question 1: Do I include the Contract Number for both lines?

Question 2: Do I set Maintenance = TRUE for both lines?

thanks 🙂

(1) Solution

Hi Regan,

I'd probably say YES to your first question, and NO to the second one:

1. The purchase order (PO) for the perpetual license entitlements SHOULD BE be linked to a contract in case the license is affected by the contract. For the maintenance purchase order, it probably does not matter as long as the license that the maintenance PO will be applied to is linked to the contract correctly.
  2. You should set maintenance = TRUE for the perpetual entitlements ONLY IF maintenance has been included in the initial purchase of the perpetual license. This may have been the case even though you obviously did buy extra maintenance in the second PO. For the second purchase order, you should not set Maintenance = TRUE as this second PO IS for maintenance, resulting in maintenance being applied to the perpetual license, typically for a fixed amount of time.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Regan,

I'd probably say YES to your first question, and NO to the second one:

1. The purchase order (PO) for the perpetual license entitlements SHOULD BE be linked to a contract in case the license is affected by the contract. For the maintenance purchase order, it probably does not matter as long as the license that the maintenance PO will be applied to is linked to the contract correctly.
  2. You should set maintenance = TRUE for the perpetual entitlements ONLY IF maintenance has been included in the initial purchase of the perpetual license. This may have been the case even though you obviously did buy extra maintenance in the second PO. For the second purchase order, you should not set Maintenance = TRUE as this second PO IS for maintenance, resulting in maintenance being applied to the perpetual license, typically for a fixed amount of time.