cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxons Cinema 4D Lite included in Adobe After Effects, will FNMS recognize this soon?

Hi,

"Adobe After Effects includes a free installation of Cinema 4D Lite" says https://www.maxon.net/en/cineware-aftereffects 

It would be great if we could trust FNMS to recognize this for us and connect them. Is that planned to a release yet?

(4) Replies
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi @INgrid ,

We definitely already have Maxon Cinema 4D Lite in the ARL, so if it's a separate install, should be no issue to recognize. If there's different evidence than what we've seen in the ARL that prevents recognition of this known title, please submit it following the usual process.

In the event it's NOT a separate install, there will be no separate deployment of Cinema 4D Lite recognized on the machine (we do not currently provide granularity to embedded components within a single deployed product). 

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that

Hi @Natalie ,

Thank you!

Yes, FNMS captures the installer evidence and connects it to applications of Cinema 4D (edition "Unspecified"). I am wishing that if Adobe's After Effects (AE) is installed on the same device it would not indicate the Maxon application but regard it as a component of AE. Might be complicated, but I have high confidence in Flexera's capabilities 😉

Hi @INgrid ,

This kind of component relationship is tricky as you note! @Resnofendri and I will review if this use case will be covered by potential upcoming component catalog capability. 

-N.

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that

That would be great, @Natalie!

We don't do this because it is easy, do we? 🙂 Let me know if I can support in any way. 

My organisation has not bought After Effects separately but only as part of All apps.  I could, temporarily, add C4D to the All Apps suite but that could cause issues in the long run, and I don't like to make changes to the Flexera applications.