Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Link Virtual Machine to VM Host using Business Adapter

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just want to ask if it is possible to link Virtual Machine to a VM Host using the Business Adapter Studio? I can't seem to find any Virtual machine or VM Host  field in the Business Adapter.

Appreciate any feedback that would be provided.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Link Virtual Machine to VM Host using Business Adapter

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately you can not Link a virtual machine to  a host via a business adapter. However, check under 'Data Inputs'. Select the 'Inventory tab' click the 'On-off-upload' button. In this section you have templates that can be used to import inventory manually. (Including guest and host relationships.)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately you can not Link a virtual machine to  a host via a business adapter. However, check under 'Data Inputs'. Select the 'Inventory tab' click the 'On-off-upload' button. In this section you have templates that can be used to import inventory manually. (Including guest and host relationships.)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks you so much. Will do try to explore the One-off upload option. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star

Jump to solution

If your FNMS is on prem, you can use a Business Import to link VMs to Hosts using SQL (custom query). No option for the cloud though.

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

Jump to solution

Hello,
I was wondering if you were able to successfully match VMs and Hosts using one-off upload.
I am not sure which templates/columns I should actually use to link VM to a host.
I have list of hosts with serial numbers already in fnms. same for VMs.

@mfranz, since we are on prem, can you also advise what tables/columns should be updated. Perhaps it would be easier to configure.

0 Kudos