cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some way to grab database info from Oracle and SQL Server

Hi All!

Is there some way to collect database name name hosted in Oracle or SQL Server instances? 

Thanks,

Bruno

(1) Solution
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

H Bruno,

Not OOTB I'm afraid. I believe our Services team have done some scripting that queries the Instances and provides this information into a Device Asset (linked to the database server from Inventory).

Can I suggest you raise this in the Idea's section? This will allow Flexera Product / Engineering visibility of this requirement.

thanks and regards,

Bob 

R.Miller

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

H Bruno,

Not OOTB I'm afraid. I believe our Services team have done some scripting that queries the Instances and provides this information into a Device Asset (linked to the database server from Inventory).

Can I suggest you raise this in the Idea's section? This will allow Flexera Product / Engineering visibility of this requirement.

thanks and regards,

Bob 

R.Miller

Oracle, yes.  MySQL, SQL Server, Informix, etc., no.

For Oracle instance information, from the FNMS UI (On-Prem 2019 R2 for us), go to Discovery and Inventory, then Oracle Instances.  From this view you can also download the Oracle LMS evidence archive file.

dmathias

@rmiller1 this feature request was raised by any chance ?

Or do we have something out of the box available in the latest versions for getting the SQL instances at least .

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

@emtmeta - the comments from @rmiller1 earlier in this thread still accurately describe the current capabilities. I don't think anybody has raised this in Flexera Ideas yet, so feel free to do that if this would be useful to you.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

hi @ChrisG 

Thanks for the quick feedback 🙂

It will be good if you can submit an idea, that may add values to the product inventory capabilities .

Regards,

JV

It is better for you to submit the idea so that it will be under your name. And that way it will also carry more weight than something I put in. 🙂

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)