cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have two parent beacons in the same tenancy?

We have a situation where we have VMs on one firewalled subnet, and their vCenter hosts on another firewalled subnet, meaning it is not possible to have both the VMs and VCenter hosts connected to the FlexNet processing server via the same parent beacon. Is it possible to have VMs and vCenter hosts connecting to separate parent beacons, which then connect independently to the processing server in the same tenancy? See my attached diagram if you need more clarity.

(2) Solutions

Hi Michael,

I think is possible to implement a solution like your proposal. From inventory point of view, doesn't mater which beacon collect data, as long as they reach the same app server. Just you need to assign the subnets to the right beacon so that the vCenter inventory will take place.

View solution in original post

tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hello,

You can absolutely connect multiple tier 1 Beacons (they do not have to be parents to any other Beacon) to your tenant (Cloud Edition) or on-premise version.

For the Cloud Edition just make sure you download new installation sources from the FlexNet Manager UI as they have the tenant ID modelled into the code.

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Michael,

I think is possible to implement a solution like your proposal. From inventory point of view, doesn't mater which beacon collect data, as long as they reach the same app server. Just you need to assign the subnets to the right beacon so that the vCenter inventory will take place.

tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hello,

You can absolutely connect multiple tier 1 Beacons (they do not have to be parents to any other Beacon) to your tenant (Cloud Edition) or on-premise version.

For the Cloud Edition just make sure you download new installation sources from the FlexNet Manager UI as they have the tenant ID modelled into the code.

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)