cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM PVU scanning keeps picking up old vcenter host

We have 4 beacons in our environment (one being the primary of course)

Each of these 4 sites have their own vCenter environment.

Over the past year, our Virtualization team has rebuilt that environment in all locations, adding new VMware hosts and removing the old ones. When they did this, they gave me the new host information and I added it to our Discovery and Inventory Rules, removing the old host in the process. This worked fine for all of our vCenter scanning we do and the "vCenter rule" we have configured. We even added a couple of new hosts that were properly picked up.

We also have IBM PVU scanning configured against these hosts. For some reason, this scan is still seeing one of our old vCenter hosts and thus gives a "failed to connect to VMware infrastructure server" error. All other scanning including our new hosts is working. Where is the PVU scan pulling this host from? How/where do I delete it? As mentioned, in our Discovery and Inventory rules, we have vCenter Targets configured, but it's been removed from here. It's been a while since the PVU scanning was configured, and we may have even had a consultant help us so I don't remember much about it. I thought it was using the same set of targets as our vCenter inventory, but it still seeing this old server from somewhere (in the registry?)  Thanks in advance!

(1) Reply
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Have you double checked your "raw" data (FNMSInventory DB) for old inventories?