cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is needed to be set up if I want to use the view Raw software usage in the Discovery/Inventory tab?

(1) Solution
Hi Maria, Raw software usage views shows application usage data monitored by Flexera Inventory Agent, To track application usage user need to enable application usage tracking (by default OFF).
Enable/Disable application usage option is available under discovery & inventory rules > Targets tab, after enabling application usage option, it applies to assigned targets to a rule. If application (installed using native installer e.g. MSI on Windows) is used after enabling usage tracking approximately it will take 24 hours to appear in Raw software usage view.
HTH
Aamer

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Good day.  The Raw Software Usage view is only populated when using the FlexNet Agent.  If you are importing Desktop inventory from a tool such as SCCM, this view will be blank.  You would need to query the SCCM database itself to see the raw software usage data.

Kirk

Hi,
We are using FlexNet agent

Hello,

You also have to make sure to have Discovery & Inventory rules configured to collect usage information on the desired targets. This is in the Discovery & Inventory menu. If you don't see this your role does not have the privilege to edit rules.

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
Thanks Thorsten, I will look into that!
Hi Maria, Raw software usage views shows application usage data monitored by Flexera Inventory Agent, To track application usage user need to enable application usage tracking (by default OFF).
Enable/Disable application usage option is available under discovery & inventory rules > Targets tab, after enabling application usage option, it applies to assigned targets to a rule. If application (installed using native installer e.g. MSI on Windows) is used after enabling usage tracking approximately it will take 24 hours to appear in Raw software usage view.
HTH
Aamer