cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Changing External (public) IP address of a Beacon impact Flexera communication

I would like to confirm, Is there any impact on Flexera communication to Beacon if change Public IP ?

Similarly, is there any impact on Agent communication to a beacon if changed beacon's IP ?

As per my understanding, they talk via Hostname(FQDN) only 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

As long as you really do have the agent configured to use the FQDN for all communications with the beacon, and the FQDN resolves to the correct IP address, I can't think of any negative impact on the agent from having the IP address the FQDN resolves to changing over time.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

As long as you really do have the agent configured to use the FQDN for all communications with the beacon, and the FQDN resolves to the correct IP address, I can't think of any negative impact on the agent from having the IP address the FQDN resolves to changing over time.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)