cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Settings exclude a directory setting missing.

I can find where I need to set policy to scan windows machines specific directories. 
How can I add an exclude directory to the policy?

(3) Replies

On the Inventory Settings page, the very first section is for File Evidence.

First, under "Included File Evidence", find the area for Windows and click the selection for "Collect File Evidence for All Folders".  This tells the Windows Agent to capture File Evidence during inventory.  By default, the "Windows" folder is ignored.

Next, under the "Excluded File Evidence", find the area for Windows and click the selection for "Specify additional folders to exclude".  You can now enter the drive/folder paths that should NOT be included during the File Evidence Scan.

Guess I will have to do an upgrade. The excluded is not on my display. 

If you are using an older version of FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, you can run a SQL script like the following to configure agent policy to specify directories to be executed from inventory gathering:

-- Ensure Target__unix exists
EXEC dbo.BeaconTargetPutByNameInternal @Name = 'Target__unix', @Internal = 1, @Description = NULL, @Visible = 0

DECLARE @btid INT
SELECT @btid = BeaconTargetID FROM dbo.BeaconTarget WHERE Name = 'Target__unix'

-- Configure directories to be excluded from inventory scanning on UNIX-like operating systems
-- NB. The value must be no longer than 256 characters.

EXEC dbo.BeaconTargetPropertyValuePutByKeyNameBeaconTargetID
	@KeyName = 'CTrackerExcludeDirectory',
	@BeaconTargetID = @btid,
	@Value = '/var/spool,/var/log'

GO

-- Ensure Target__windows exists
EXEC dbo.BeaconTargetPutByNameInternal @Name = 'Target__windows', @Internal = 1, @Description = NULL, @Visible = 0

DECLARE @btid INT
SELECT @btid = BeaconTargetID FROM dbo.BeaconTarget WHERE Name = 'Target__windows'

-- Configure directories to be excluded from inventory scanning on Windows operating systems
-- NB. The value must be no longer than 256 characters.

EXEC dbo.BeaconTargetPropertyValuePutByKeyNameBeaconTargetID
	@KeyName = 'CTrackerExcludeDirectory',
	@BeaconTargetID = @btid,
	@Value = '$(WinDirectory);C:\Data'

GO
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)