cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Scanner: Windows Apps (Microsoft Store, AppX packages)

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

The SCCM adapter does collect Microsoft Store apps from Windows systems. They are usually found in Unrecognized Evidences, the DisplayName beginning with "Microsoft."

While these evidences are mostly not used for recognition, I thought it would be interesting to integrate them into my PowerShell inventory agent (Get-AppxPackages). I hoped to find find some inspiration on how the FNMS Inventory Scanner would structure the results in the NDI file, but the packages were not there.

Have I missed something? Is this data optional or is it not collected at all? Should I have tested the full agent instead of the Inventory Scanner?

Best regards,

Markward

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The minimal XML content that should appear in an NDI file to be ultimately imported by FlexNet Manager Suite as installer evidence is the following:

<Package Name="Name-of-the-package" Version="Version-of-the-package" Evidence="Your-evidence-type">
    <Property Name="Publisher" Value="Publisher-of-the-package"/>
</Package>

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)