cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install FNMS agent on FNMS infrastructure servers

Quick (hopefully) clarification on if the FNMS agents can be installed on your FNMS infrastructure servers (e.g. batch and beacon servers).

My understanding previously was it was recommended NOT to install the FNMS agent on these servers as will cause issues.

I wanted to confirm that this is still the case and if yes the reasons why the FNMS cannot be installed and also how an inventory can then be obtained from these FNMS infrastructure servers.

Thanks

(2) Replies

Hi @craig_moore ,

As I know, Flexera agents can be installed on APP and SQL server

Not on Beacon servers, on Beacon servers by default the agent is installed with beacon software only you need to manually configure the policy.

Also please see this thered:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Way-to-prevent-agent-from-breaking-a-Inventory-Beacon/m-p/112350#M2180

If you intend to collect inventory from your application server(s), they must be treated as target device(s) in either of the following ways:

- Install on each application server and configure it to transfer the inventory file(s) to a separate standalone server before uploading it back to the central application server.

- Use remote inventory collection, known as zero-footprint, by targeting application server(s). This method temporarily installs an agent on the target device(s) and removes the agent afterward collecting and uploading inventory.

Likewise, if you intend to collect inventory from your inventory beacon, it must be treated as a target device and you must use remote inventory collection, known as zero-footprint, by targeting the inventory beacon.