cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm creating a new license, but no License Model results?

Hi Community,

As part of the processing of an unprocessed purchase I'm creating a new license.  I'm able to find and add my application and complete the purchase overview section. (see attached).

I'm expecting to see some results in the License Model pane, but I'm getting 'No Results'.

Why is this happening? Is there problem? Do I need to create a model?

thanks.

(1) Solution

The 'License Model' field is an optional field.

The text below is a citation from the online help page that you can open by clicking on the '?' help icon from the page where you took the screenshot:

Tip: A license model defines the product use rights that are added to the license (for example, the second-use, downgrade or upgrade rights). License models and their links to applications are a part of the product use templates from the Product Use Rights Library. Therefore, there are no recommended license models when:

• You have not purchased the appropriate option for FlexNet Manager Suite that covers the Product Use Rights Library for the publisher of your application (as above, clear the Show only recommended license models check box to see other models from this publisher)
  • The particular application is not listed in any Product Use Rights Library (clearing the same check box now shows general models for the selected license type).

If you choose not to select any license model, or the selected model does not meet all of your requirements, you can later edit these details in license properties.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

The 'License Model' field is an optional field.

The text below is a citation from the online help page that you can open by clicking on the '?' help icon from the page where you took the screenshot:

Tip: A license model defines the product use rights that are added to the license (for example, the second-use, downgrade or upgrade rights). License models and their links to applications are a part of the product use templates from the Product Use Rights Library. Therefore, there are no recommended license models when:

• You have not purchased the appropriate option for FlexNet Manager Suite that covers the Product Use Rights Library for the publisher of your application (as above, clear the Show only recommended license models check box to see other models from this publisher)
  • The particular application is not listed in any Product Use Rights Library (clearing the same check box now shows general models for the selected license type).

If you choose not to select any license model, or the selected model does not meet all of your requirements, you can later edit these details in license properties.