cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve "Cloud Service Provider Inventory"

We have upgraded FNMS system to 2019 R1 version (from 2016 R1), I could see there is new tab "Cloud Service Provider Inventory" under "Discovery & Inventory" tab, seems it's introduced after 2016 R1 version, when we clicked on this tab, we couldn't see any cloud server provider's inventory there. 

We need to know how we can see the data in this tab, is there any steps need to perform to get data or any setting will enable it.

We have table "[FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[VirtualMachine_MT]" which having columns including "LocatedInCloud" and ServiceProvider, for some records value of LocatedInCloud is "1" and there are service provider mentioned for such records. So why these all records related to cloud service providers are not coming in this new tab ("Cloud Service Provider Inventory")?

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards,

Sandeep Kolhe

(4) Replies
bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hey @SandeepKolhe,

My understanding currently is at the current release version of FNMS, this page automatically shows information only from AWS EC2. You may also add rows to this listing either by a spreadsheet import (see Inventory Data One-Off Upload Page) or through the Business Importer.

Then for the automation to work I believe the agent has to be on at least 13.1 to draw down the necessary information from the EC2 instance. There is a further step with the EC2 connector that connects into IAM which will provide the necessary information about the status of the instance: live, suspended or terminated for example. I'm not 100% sure if you need that element however, for Cloud devices to populate under the page 

In my current implementation I'm currently not using the EC2 connector to connect into IAM and the agent version is 13.0.1 and the EC2 instances do not display under the Cloud Service Provider Inventory page.

Hello bmaudlin,

Thanks for your information.

We have upgraded FNMS to 2019 R1 version and started to upgrade FNMS agent to 13.2 in our environment, all agent upgrade is not completed yet. Do you have any idea what automation we need to do to retrieve all cloud service provide there in the tab "Cloud Service Provider Inventory". I am really new with this product and if I get some more details, I can able to implement it in our environment and would appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sandeep

Information on this page can be populated using out-of-the-box connectors to import data from AWS EC2 or Microsoft Azure. See the following parts in the FlexNet Manager Suite Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference PDF guide for information on how to configure and make use of these connections:

• Microsoft Azure Connector
  • AWS EC2 Connector
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks a lot Chris for your help! We will create connectors as per document provided by you.