cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to SAML in FNMS On-Prem: Question About Metadata

Hi all ...

First off, I know very little about SAML in FNMS other than the basic concepts of what SAML authentication is.  So hopefully this question (and the future ones I will ask on this topic) are phrased correctly.

I have read the Ultimate SSO / SAML configuration guide in FlexNet Manager Suite and have yet to read Single Sign-On Support with SAML in the System Reference.

Does FNMS on-prem have some kind of utility to create a metadata file that I can provide my Identity Provider?  I've seen references about the Identity Provider providing a metadata file for FNMS but not the other way around.

This newbie thanks you 🙂

--Mark

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not much more advanced than you are in my understanding of SAML, but I'm not aware of any way to get a metadata file from FlexNet Manager Suite itself. The following page provides guidance on how/where to determine information that may need to be configured in the Identity Provider: Configuring Your Identity Provider to Recognize FlexNet Manager Suite.

If other information beyond that is required then I'm not sure what it may involve sorry.

Tagging @julianmaassen for awareness - I believe you have also been exploring this topic too recently.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

That's a good link, thanks.  I did see that; the info is that link what one would enter manually at the Identity Provider instead of using a metadata file, which is fine.  I'll just go the manual route.

--Mark