cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does FNMS Handle Usage Data That Comes From Both Inventory Agents and SCCM?

Hi all ...

Suppose a device has the Flexera Inventory Agent on it and usage tracking is enabled.

Supposed SCCM is also tracking usage on that device.

Does FNMS combine the usage data from both sources, or does it just get its data from the primary inventory source (which would normally be the agent)?

--Mark

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The import process will attempt to match up details of computers from different inventory sources, and merge them into a single inventory device record.

Details of how this is done can be found here: Common: Identifying Related Inventory.

In a situation where computer details are merged from multiple sources, single-valued properties on the inventory device record are selected based on:

• If any of the sources is configured as the primary source, the value from that source is used.
  • Otherwise the value from the source with the most recent inventory is used.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The import process will attempt to match up details of computers from different inventory sources, and merge them into a single inventory device record.

Details of how this is done can be found here: Common: Identifying Related Inventory.

In a situation where computer details are merged from multiple sources, single-valued properties on the inventory device record are selected based on:

• If any of the sources is configured as the primary source, the value from that source is used.
  • Otherwise the value from the source with the most recent inventory is used.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)