cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get FlexNet Manager license count

Hello!

I'm wondering, is any opportunity to get Flexera License counts from FNMSCompliance database?

(7) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I could interpret your query here in a couple of ways:

1. You are seeking to get consumption counts for license records that are configured in FlexNet Manager Suite; OR
  2. You are seeking to get a count of how many devices are in your system for the purpose of the FlexNet Manager Suite license itself.

Can you clarify which of these you're after? (Or if I've got it wrong entirely?! :-))

For #2, you can get this count by clicking on the system menu > FlexNet Manager Suite License menu option. What is shown will very based on the type of license(s) you have purchased, but the information will look something like the following:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi ChrisG, thanks for answer.

It's about Flexera License Itself.

I already know about system menu > FlexNet Manager Suite License option, but need not to just see the counts, but automate export, so direct database query i believe will be most effective way.

@Andrey_K - The details about the FlexNet License Key are encrypted to prevent a clever resource from changing the terms of the license key.  This prevents your desire to obtain this information with a SQL Query.

As @kclausen notes, the details of the license key itself are encrypted.

However to get the current number of devices consuming FlexNet Manager Suite licenses you can use the dbo.ComplianceComputerActiveForLicenseReconcile and dbo.ComplianceServersActiveList views in the compliance database to get the total number of devices, and number of server devices respectively.

For example:

SELECT TotalDeviceCount = COUNT(*)
FROM dbo.ComplianceComputerActiveForLicenseReconcile

SELECT ServerDeviceCount = COUNT(*)
FROM dbo.ComplianceServersActiveList

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks ChrisG for answer.

I'm using scripts provided in How Inventory Manager / FlexNet Manager Suite License Enforcement Works article, but your version is much clearer.

It's a pity that i can't get Flexera License count from DB. I was hoping that maybe there is some view or function, which provides this information.

Where to find the same Flexera license count as when we have FlexeraOne cloud version?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For reference on a partially related topic, here is another thread which discusses some ideas about using a business adapter to import FlexNet Manager Suite license consumption details: Adding Flexnet Manager license consumption to Flexnet Manager itself