cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global amount missing in Contract View

Hello,

I imported contracts by using business adapters to FNMS, but I couldn't see Global amount display in the All contract view. I could see the Global amount  only when I opened the contract. I didn't see rejected messages in the business adapters.

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

(1) Solution

One possible cause of the Global amount field appearing as blank in the grid after being imported using a business adapter is that a value for the field has been imported, but no value for the associated exchange rate ID field has been imported. If you want to import any monetary field values you generally need to import both the value and an exchange rate ID to indicate the currency and exchange rate (if the currency is different from the base currency configured for the system).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(14) Replies

If you go into the Reports Module and create a new report and select the "Contracts" object, you can see that the "Global Amount" field is available to select and add to your custom report.

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I knew the 'Global Amount' filed is available on customer report or table in FNMSCompliance database. We need to work on the contract data based on the 'All contracts' view.  Is this a bug?

Thanks

It is not a bug, it is a design issue.  You will need to submit an enhancement request to have this field available to add to the All Contracts view.

I can see the field on All Contracts View, but I couldn't see the number. I just found if I manually retype the number in the Global amount blank, then the number appears in the view.

Yes, sorry for the oversight on my part.  It looks like what you see in the UI when you look at the Properties of the contract is what you see when you add the Global Amount to the All Contract view.

If the field has a blank value, then you see a blank value on the view.

If the field shows a numeric number (even 0.00), that is the value that will also show on the view.

No worries. I had the same thought as you. 

The issue is  I see the number in the properties of the contract , but I see a blank value on the view.

One possible cause of the Global amount field appearing as blank in the grid after being imported using a business adapter is that a value for the field has been imported, but no value for the associated exchange rate ID field has been imported. If you want to import any monetary field values you generally need to import both the value and an exchange rate ID to indicate the currency and exchange rate (if the currency is different from the base currency configured for the system).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris! This does make sense. 

I'm having the same issue. In your response you said:

"If you want to import any monetary field values you generally need to import both the value and an exchange rate ID to indicate the currency and exchange rate (if the currency is different from the base currency configured for the system)."

We have only one currency (USD) and no exchange rates. And when I also remove the dollar amount, save the contract again, and then type the exact same number in the field, it shows up in the Contracts list. When I look in the Contract Properties the Global amount shows USD, so I don't understand why it doesn't show in the list.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

The FNMS Web UI will default the currency code to your current System Setting, but the Business Adapter does not.

In your Business Adapter, when you import into the Global Amount for a Contract, try to hard-code the "Global Amount Current Rate ID" field to a fixed value of 1.  This is the equivalent of assigning the value to your "default" currency code.

Okay, so I changed the Global Amount Currency Rate ID to a fixed value of 1, ran the adapter and get the following error:

Import failed. Error: The UPDATE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_Contract_TotalValueRateID". The conflict occurred in database "FNMP4", table "dbo.CurrencyRate_MT".
The statement has been terminated.

Our FNMS instance is in the cloud.

To add currency using a business adapter you add a 'Currency' and 'Currency Rate' node to the adapter. This is done by right clicking then selecting 'Add New item\Miscellaneous\Currency' and 'Add New item\Miscellaneous\Currency Rate'

In 'Currency' you could add 'USD' and the adapter will return the 'Currency Id'.

The 'Currency Rate' node will look up the 'Currency Rate ID' based on what the 'currency node provides.

Finally, Associate the currency rate to the child objects.

Example:

Currency.png

Erick, I just tested the solution recommended by mgunnels in FNMS Cloud and it seems to work great.

Yes, I just tested it, too, and it works. Thanks!