cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2 upgrade to Windows 2019 Datacenter

Documentation for FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2 only shows up to Windows 2016 compatibility.  I need to know if our server admin team upgrades our servers to Windows 2019 that there will be no impact to our Production and Test servers running FNMS 2018 R2 On prem.

Please also note they are upgrading our SQL servers and I do not see anything beyond 2016 listed in the documentation as well. 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The earliest FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises release supported for running on Windows Server 2019 is the 2019 R1 release.

The earliest FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises release supported for running on SQL Server 2019 is the 2020 R1 release.

Earlier releases of FlexNet Manager Suite are not tested against these newer Microsoft OS/SQL Server versions. While you may be able to get other combinations running, the safe/conservative/supported option would be to upgrade to a newer FlexNet Manager Suite version than you currently have prior to or at the same time as upgrading the OS & SQL Server.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The earliest FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises release supported for running on Windows Server 2019 is the 2019 R1 release.

The earliest FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises release supported for running on SQL Server 2019 is the 2020 R1 release.

Earlier releases of FlexNet Manager Suite are not tested against these newer Microsoft OS/SQL Server versions. While you may be able to get other combinations running, the safe/conservative/supported option would be to upgrade to a newer FlexNet Manager Suite version than you currently have prior to or at the same time as upgrading the OS & SQL Server.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)