cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS high storage utilization on app server

Hi,

we  noticed some significant amount of files (around 20 GB)  gets stored on C:\appdata\local\assembly\tmp folder on the FNMS application server.

do we need these files for FNMS to operate normally or can we clear them from the FNMS application server on regular interval.

Thanks 

Dev

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I've not come across that exact path before, so am not sure specifically what you might be seeing in that location and whether it would be safe to delete. It doesn't sound like a path that FlexNet Manager Suite itself uses directly.

However the path you've noted does look similar to C:\Windows\Assembly\Temp, which is a typical location where Microsoft .NET stores copies of assemblies (.dll files) used by running processes. This could include processes related to FlexNet Manager Suite, or any other software on the computer which uses .NET.

In my experience I've found that deleting files in here (after taking a backup) is generally OK to do. Do be sure to do a reboot immediately afterwards - deleting the files may cause problems for any processes which are running at the time the files are deleted. With that said, as this is a directory primarily used by a Microsoft subsystem, I wouldn't describe this as an "official" answer.

Here are some other discussions about this directory:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I've not come across that exact path before, so am not sure specifically what you might be seeing in that location and whether it would be safe to delete. It doesn't sound like a path that FlexNet Manager Suite itself uses directly.

However the path you've noted does look similar to C:\Windows\Assembly\Temp, which is a typical location where Microsoft .NET stores copies of assemblies (.dll files) used by running processes. This could include processes related to FlexNet Manager Suite, or any other software on the computer which uses .NET.

In my experience I've found that deleting files in here (after taking a backup) is generally OK to do. Do be sure to do a reboot immediately afterwards - deleting the files may cause problems for any processes which are running at the time the files are deleted. With that said, as this is a directory primarily used by a Microsoft subsystem, I wouldn't describe this as an "official" answer.

Here are some other discussions about this directory:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)