cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS does not recognize Chinese Windows Operating Systems

hi 

i saw that FNMS Cloud interpretes Chinese Windows Operating Systems wrong (see screenshot)
- does not count in the correct application

- does not count the compliance correct

any ideas?

kind regards

Lambert

(1) Solution

@lambert - Open the "Evidence" tab of this device, and then open the WMI page.  Filter the raw WMI evidence and look for "Raw Class Name = Win32_OperatingSystem.

This is the WMI Evidence that is not being recognized for your Chinese Windows OS.  You can submit a Support Ticket to have our Content Team add this WMI Evidence to a future update of the Application Recognition Library.

If you know what software application this should be recognized as, such as "Windows 7 Enterprise", then you can go into the Properties if the application, and open the Evidence tab, then go to WMI.  On this page, you can manually "Add" your unrecognized WMI Evidence.

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you elaborate and expand on what is wrong about the information shown in the screenshot you attached? What would you expect to see here instead of what is appearing?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
i would like to see it as Windows 7 Professional or Windows 10 Enterprise.. the problem seems to be that these OSes are not counted correct in the compliance calculation

The information that you shared is to be expected.  The Operating System attribute on an Inventory Device is not normalized and represents the raw name of the Operating System as returned by WMI.

To see the normalized name of the operating system, you need to look at the Applications tab of the device and look for "Windows 7".

hi
thank you! but it seems that these Windows OS are not counted as Win 7 Pro in the Compliance Calculation of the corresponding License record. So does this mean i have to create a "special" license record for these chinese installations?

@lambert - When you open up the Inventory Device, go the Applications tab and search for "Windows 7" as a software title, do you see anything?

Hi

no, it appears as if there is not windows operating system installed

Lambert

@lambert - Open the "Evidence" tab of this device, and then open the WMI page.  Filter the raw WMI evidence and look for "Raw Class Name = Win32_OperatingSystem.

This is the WMI Evidence that is not being recognized for your Chinese Windows OS.  You can submit a Support Ticket to have our Content Team add this WMI Evidence to a future update of the Application Recognition Library.

If you know what software application this should be recognized as, such as "Windows 7 Enterprise", then you can go into the Properties if the application, and open the Evidence tab, then go to WMI.  On this page, you can manually "Add" your unrecognized WMI Evidence.

hi
yes in wmi evidence i see it. so this means this can happen with every localized windows os? i will submit a ticket with the 3 chinese Windows OSes.
thank you for your help!
kind regards
Lambert