Highlighted
Active participant

FNMS + Tanium Import Error

When importing data into FNMS using the Tanium adapter the following error is thrown: "Error: Exception calling 'GetComputers' with '6' argument(s): 'Index was outside the bounds of the array.'"

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so what is the work around?

Attached is the importer log.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: FNMS + Tanium Import Error

I noticed command line has parameter ReadersAndWriters, is it possible direct (On the batch server) Tanium inventory connections created? If yes that could be the problem.

Tanium inventory connection need to be created on the standalone beacon to import data from Tanium through API, beacon will upload data to FNMS-Batch Server to import into FNMS. 

From the provided log.

Running Compliance import with "-us false -processremotepackages true -it ReadersAndWriters" parameters
2020-02-20 09:25:35,544 [INFO ] Reading 'ActiveDirectory' data from 'Tanium' (ver 1.0) data source

Hope this will help.

Aamer

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Active participant

Note: Didn't mean to click accept solution on this forum. Not sure if you can Undo that.

We interpreted your response as Tanium needs to be it's own beacon. So we tried to install in on a separate beacon. The installer encounted problems as the script is referencing file paths that do not exist on a server where FNMS is not installed, just the beacon... That being said, we were able to select Tanium as a source and configure. The test on the source succeeded but when trying to run an reconcile with full import the process Locked up our Database server to where the beacon imports.

Does the Tanium connector (inventory adapter) require the FNMS base install files to operate?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The beacon components need to be installed on the server that you use to connect to Tanium. It sounds like you may have tried to install some other component(s) on the beacon too; I'm not sure what components you tried, but that is probably unnecessary (and from your description, doesn't work).
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Active participant

We have installed FNMS and the FlexNet Beacon on the same server and successfully configured it to connect to SCCM. We need to also import Tanium data from our separate Tanium server. We initially configured the beacon on the FNMS server to connect to the Tanium server and completed a successful “test connection.” When we reconciled is where we encountered the error in the original post for “index outside the bounds of the array.”

Per the initial reply we installed the FlexNet beacon on the Tanium server instead of the FNMS batch server. We again had a successful test connection, but when we reconciled with full import the Tanium import task never kicked off and our database server locked up.

1. Please clarify the term "standalone beacon" and what that entails.
  2. Does the FlexNet Beacon with Tanium Connector need to be installed on a separate server than FNMS
  3. The following documentation is what we followed for implementation. https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNM...
  4. Is there a document that steps through the process of implementing the Tanium connector
0 Kudos