Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Links in Custom Reports

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I am looking for an option to make a column in a custom report clickable. It is currently an URL pointing to an external system.

I know there's some link handling done in the ComplianceSearchTypeColumn table (LinkAction, LinkController), but ist seem to refer to the FNMS data model only. Is there any way to tell DevExpress to no sanitize/escape html tags in a column?

Best regards,

Markward

(7) Replies

Please share once you will get some solution. Its good idea.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

My [increasingly faulty! :-)] memory tells me that I looked in to this several years ago, but didn't come up with any solution to be able to do it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I remember back in FNMP 9.2 days it could be done inside the old console. Not helpful in this case, as the displaying technology is different.

j

I wonder how the "LinkController" works and if the construct could be extended to provide an "external" link controller. I mean technically the framework seems to support it, I am just not sure what Flexera implemented.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I found the following prior thread discussing a similar query to what is discussed here: Custom reports with dynamic links

From comments in that discussion, it sounds like @erwinlindemann may have an approach that could help to add links in custom report columns.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris, but this only covers linking to FNMS objects.

That is correct. For any reports built in the FNMS UI, only links to standard FNMS objects are supported.