cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visio 365 usage

Office 365 Visio (VISIOCLIENT - Visio Plan 2) provides usage data (no last used date, just yes or no)  - is it based on 90 days (i.e if not used in over 90 days = no)  and can it be changed to 180 days?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I suspect "used = yes" is determined by whether the software has been used in the last 90 days. This is based on the "D90" value that appears in the following line in the Get-O365Usage from the ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\Microsoft 365\Logic.ps1 adapter file:

$url = "$BaseAPIURL/reports/getOffice365ActiveUserDetail(period='D90')?`$format=text/csv"

I'm making a wild guess here, but if you are using FlexNet Manager Suite then you could try changing "D90" to "D180" in the .ps1 file. (And be ready to make the change again after any future upgrade which may overwrite your change.)

This parameter will be fixed and can't be changed if you are using Flexera One ITAM.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I suspect "used = yes" is determined by whether the software has been used in the last 90 days. This is based on the "D90" value that appears in the following line in the Get-O365Usage from the ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\Microsoft 365\Logic.ps1 adapter file:

$url = "$BaseAPIURL/reports/getOffice365ActiveUserDetail(period='D90')?`$format=text/csv"

I'm making a wild guess here, but if you are using FlexNet Manager Suite then you could try changing "D90" to "D180" in the .ps1 file. (And be ready to make the change again after any future upgrade which may overwrite your change.)

This parameter will be fixed and can't be changed if you are using Flexera One ITAM.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

The M365 Reader import step "RemoteUserToApplicationAccess" actually populates an attribute "LastUsedDate" in the table "ImportedRemoteUserToApplicationAccess".

Edit: Not sure how that data is processed and I haven't checked which apps are included. Afaik not all M365 apps provide usage.

Best regards,

Markward