cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalating Response to Support Case?

Hi folks, I opened a support case with high priority close to a month ago now.  I have been struggling to get traction with the support team, including a scheduled work session with my team and the customer.

As I have been working with the Flexera team for 8+ years now, I completely understand that the days of getting the support levels we enjoyed back then are long over.  They just couldn't scale to meet the number of customers Flexera is supporting.

That said, since we have not had an alliance partner in place for a while, it has been unclear how to shed light on situations where collaboration seems to be lacking a bit.

Can anyone lend a hand here?  I hate airing dirty laundry in public, but I'm kind of at my wit's end here.

Case #02597784.

David

NTT DATA Services

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the experience you've had here and difficulty getting to the bottom of what's going on with the guest/host relationships. I've made the relevant folk in Flexera Support aware of this which will hopefully help it get to resolution faster.

Also feel free to post more specific details of the scenario in the Community in case anybody has insights here to be able to help. (I'd suggest starting a new thread if you go ahead and do that.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

I don't know of a way we can see your case details.  What is the nature of the issue?

Hi - I was hoping a mod like @ChrisG might be able to make the appropriate inquiries.

@darren_haehnel the case relates to vCenter inventory and vms no longer building guest/host relationships.  i have read countless pages of community postings and read through the help files, and I simply cannot figure out why, after an inventory reset, these relationships are no longer being built.

We can't provide accurate reporting to our customer in this situation, of course.

Thanks, David

What is the issue the Host is not assigned to the vCenter?

For that is pretty simple just remove the vCenter and Host from warehouse db  

EXEC DeleteComputer XXXXX

@dmathias - Glad that you raised this in the community. we are also facing vCenter issues from months and we didn't find any resolution even though the case is raised almost few months ago. May be exchanging the troubleshooting steps will give a solution to your issue. Please elaborate the issue  so that you might get help from community

Wish your issues get resolved soon

Regards

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the experience you've had here and difficulty getting to the bottom of what's going on with the guest/host relationships. I've made the relevant folk in Flexera Support aware of this which will hopefully help it get to resolution faster.

Also feel free to post more specific details of the scenario in the Community in case anybody has insights here to be able to help. (I'd suggest starting a new thread if you go ahead and do that.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi - thanks for lending a hand.  I have received a status update and confirmation the problem is replicated in Flexera test environment.  I'll go ahead and mark this as closed.

Best, David

Hi folks, thanks for responding.

In a nutshell, the building of the guest/host relationships between VMs and hosts within Flexera is broken.  There are numerous Community posts that kind of sort of represent a checklist of items when having these issues.  I believe I've addressed them all so far.

Examples: inventory tasks and targets, subnets managed include beacon server, validation that vCenter can be reached from the beacon server, verifying that *.ndi files (of the type VMware) are being received, etc.

I've really been asking for an opportunity to bring the customer (who has the appropriate rights to access vCenter directly) with our technical team and Flexera Support together on a real-time call and start working through any items we may have missed.  Having scheduled appointments works much better with this customer, as they are not typically able to drop everything and pivot to working with us to troubleshoot.

Best, David