cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating SAP Connection in SAP landscape (FNMS)

Hi all,

one of our customers wants to connect SAP to FNMS. Roles, Transports etc. have been integrated and updated, tests within beacon and FNMS (when creating a new connection to SAP Admin module/ dependend SAP system und a SAP landscape within FNMS) are all successfull. Though we have the error message "A Prolem Occured - FlexNEt Manager Platform detected a problem and could not complete your request. Please refresh the page to try again or contact your IT Administrator for assistance." when clicking on "create"

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this error? already checked some logs, but wasn't able to find any relevant messages.

Thanks a lot!

BR, Thomas

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Try configuring the following registry entries under the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion on the FlexNet Manager Suite web server to see if this results in additional information being displayed in addition to the error message you are currently seeing:

• DisplayInsecureErrorMessages = true
  • DisplayErrorStackTrace = true
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

sorry for late reply, I was on vacation 🙂

The log shows now the message: 

"DevExpress.Xpo.DB.Exceptions.SqlExecutionErrorException: Executing Sql 'CLOSE SYMMETRIC KEY FNMSAPPortalKey' with parameters '' exception 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot find the symmetric key 'FNMSAPPortalKey', because it does not exist or you do not have permission."

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

BR, Thomas

Take a look at the following article to see if it matches your situation and helps you to mitigate the problem: Known Issue: FNMSAPPortalKey symmetric key in the compliance database uses TRIPLE_DES algorithm (IOJ-2189563).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

changed the compatibility level of the Compliance DB, but Error still occurs.

BR, Thomas

Hi Have you ever resolved this issue? I'm experiencing the same with 2023 R1.

Also I've tyied to change the Compatibility level to 120 but with no effect.

Thanks,

Jakub

Hi,

does anybody else  have any idea?

Thanks a lot!

BR, Thomas