cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance - license created for up to certain version, but installs exists for other versions

So what is best practice to do compliance to make sure versions we are not entitled to are discovered and show compliance as not compliant. 

1. Create license with no upgrades and only attach the application for what we are entitled to. then create another application with other versions, and run that to show what is out of compliance. but this shows that we are compliant in the software compliant module (assuming we did not go over in entitlements.  (I'm not sure if this would catch any versions that are not in the license, and therefore show non compliance. 

2. create the license and allow all upgrades & downgrades, and then review this manually for any versions we are not entitled to. 

other ways?

(2) Replies

The best way to see this hidden risk is on the Installed Applications view.

Filter on the Product Name to see all of the installations of the product across all the different versions and editions.

Look at the Licensed column.

If this is a value of No, it means that you currently do not have any Software Licenses created that can entitle this version of the application and therefore you do not know the complete compliance position of this particular product.

thanks. I believe in doing this, the license compliance would show up as compliant, and I would need to take an additional step to verify all the licenses if another version was installed. I was hoping that I could get the license compliance to show out of compliance and then look.