cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Deleting Obsolete Inventory

Hi all ...

Recent versions of FNMS (on-prem) have the capability to delete obsolete inventory based on certain thresholds:

tempo.png

The knowledgebase has an article that contains Inventory Computer and History deletion scripts.

Is the functionality in the UI equivalent to that in the deletion scripts? 

When devices are deleted from the Inventory database, I assume that deletions are propagated to the Compliance database (for example, computer records are deleted from ImportedComputer and ComplianceComputer, amongst others).  As part of the deletion from the Compliance database, do the corresponding entries for a computer also get deleted from the ComplianceHistory table?

--Mark

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The obsolete inventory cleanup now available in FlexNet Manager Suite is similar in concept to the custom script you have noted. They are different procedures though.

You are right that records are deleted in the compliance database when underlying inventory details are deleted from the inventory database.

Entries in the ComplianceHistory table are not removed when a ComplianceComputer record is deleted.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The obsolete inventory cleanup now available in FlexNet Manager Suite is similar in concept to the custom script you have noted. They are different procedures though.

You are right that records are deleted in the compliance database when underlying inventory details are deleted from the inventory database.

Entries in the ComplianceHistory table are not removed when a ComplianceComputer record is deleted.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)