cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i limit the compliance calculation based on the inventory source

can i set a rule in license directly with in FNMS WebUi or using the Adapters , that will tell FNMS to consider inventory from a particular inventory source for compliance calculation.

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

(3) Replies

@emtmeta - Can I ask what the Use Case is for this request?

At the present time, this is not possible as inventory from multiple data sources are merged together into a common set of data.

You do have the option within FNMS to indicate which data source is the "Primary" data source.  This means that if you have raw data for the same Device from more than 1 data source, and the inventory is not the same, the inventory from your Primary source takes precedence.  By default, the inventory from the FNMS Agent is set as Primary.

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/Sys-DataInputsInvTab.html

@kclausen  this was one general question i received from one  of my customer when we were discussing about using various inventory sources and at the same time limit few license to choose specific inventory source.

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

That's an interesting question. I can't immediately think of many scenarios where you would want to have FlexNet Manager Suite connected to an inventory source, but not want to use data from that source for license compliance calculations.

Or to put that another way, one way to make FlexNet Manager Suite use a particular source would be to simply delete the other sources - that may seem too obvious, but why have the source connected if you don't want to use data from it?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)