cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated user is a Service account

Hi, 

Is there a way to avoid Calculated user field to be set to a Service account user (SVC)? Sometimes both Calculated user and Last logged on field is set to SVC account instead of a human name which makes it difficult or not possible to locate the User of the  Inventory device. (We do not use Assigned user field).

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You could consider configuring your service account(s) as blacklisted users on the Users tab of the System Settings page in the web UI. Blacklisted users cannot consume licenses, or appear as users of computers, and they are suppressed in most user lists.

See some more information at System Settings: Users Tab.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

@KMaria - A blacklisted user by definition cannot appear as a user of a device and cannot consume a license.

Therefore, if there is a Service Account that needs to consume some type of user-based license it cannot be black-listed.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You could consider configuring your service account(s) as blacklisted users on the Users tab of the System Settings page in the web UI. Blacklisted users cannot consume licenses, or appear as users of computers, and they are suppressed in most user lists.

See some more information at System Settings: Users Tab.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

A follow up question if I may

If it so happens that a blacklisted user do consume a license in some cases, is there a way to manually allocating a user license to this user account?
In our case it may happen that one of these Service accounts do consume a license.

@KMaria - A blacklisted user by definition cannot appear as a user of a device and cannot consume a license.

Therefore, if there is a Service Account that needs to consume some type of user-based license it cannot be black-listed.