cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adpater creation - Unable to read column header

Hello, 

We want to create a business adapter with a csv source file with comma delimiter. Unfortunately, the tool doesn't seems to identify the column name. 

Could you please help us ? 

Thank you

(1) Solution

OK, Opened your file in Notepad++ and checked encoding. It still shows UTF-8-BOM.
Notepad++_testfile encoding.png
Changed the encoding to pure UTF-8 and saved. Now the column names show. 
Please check wit attached csv file. 

testfile working.png

View solution in original post

(11) Replies

My guess it's about the file's encoding. Try opening the csv file in notepad++ and check if the encoding is set to utf-8. 

Hello, 

Thanks it's a little bit better 🙂 But first column is not showing and column name is to recognized.We have instead F3,F3,F4 😞 

We had this issue a while back and mfranz had the solution (which is the same as above). Are you sure your schema.inf is correct?

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/CSV-Import-error/m-p/124995/highlight/true

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

I had issues with some older versions of the Business  Adapter Studio, so maybe you can update that.

If that does not help, I found it a good workaround to set  the Column delimiter to "None" and use a schema.ini file.

image.png

We don't have this option 😞 

CSV file is now encoded on UTF8 it's a little bit better, but column name is not recognized. We have instead F2,F3,F4. and First column is empty

May I ask you to remove all but header + 1 row from that csv and share?
I'll try it on my end. 

That option is not given by the tool, you'll have to enter "None" manually.

Hi, 

@mfranz So I tried with schema.ini, but it doesnt change the final result

@ppyrzynski We also tried this option, and this is where we had F2,F3,F4 column header

@ppyrzynski Please find attached some lines of the file

OK, Opened your file in Notepad++ and checked encoding. It still shows UTF-8-BOM.
Notepad++_testfile encoding.png
Changed the encoding to pure UTF-8 and saved. Now the column names show. 
Please check wit attached csv file. 

testfile working.png

Thanks a lot it works , So I need to extract data on UTF8 without BOM !