cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter to connect to Oracle database issue

I am trying to use target database of Oracle in Business Adapter, we need to load external data from Oracle database but getting error (snap attached).

The Oracle database version is 12.1 (64 bit) and we have installed Oracle client version 12.1 (64 bit) on FNMS application server where I am writing Business adapter.

Can someone please help me to fix this issue.

Best regards,

Sandeep

(1) Solution

Thanks a lot for your help.

My issue got resolved by installing Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) version 12.1 on FNMS application server where I am developing Business Adapter.

I am connecting to Oracle database of version 12.1, and after installing ODAC version 12.1, I am able to retrieve Oracle database data into Business adapter. 

First I was installed 64 bit Oracle client, have uninstalled it and install ODAC which includes Oracle quick client and my issue got fixed.

Best regards,

Sandeep

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Sandeep,

It looks like you have to install (at least part of) Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC).

https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/dotnet-utilsoft-downloads.html

Best regards,

Markward

You may also have better luck using the 32-bit Oracle OLE DB Provider rather than the 64-bit provider: I think business adapters may run as 32-bit processes.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks a lot for your help.

My issue got resolved by installing Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) version 12.1 on FNMS application server where I am developing Business Adapter.

I am connecting to Oracle database of version 12.1, and after installing ODAC version 12.1, I am able to retrieve Oracle database data into Business adapter. 

First I was installed 64 bit Oracle client, have uninstalled it and install ODAC which includes Oracle quick client and my issue got fixed.

Best regards,

Sandeep