cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Administrator role to yourself

Hello All,

I want to assign myself the administrator role in FNMS, but I cannot do it via WebUI as I am the only administrator. How can I do it via database?

I have added my account, I only need to assign it a role.

Thanks & Regards,

Nidhi

(1) Solution

Executing statements like the following (with string values replaced as appropriate) on the compliance database will nominally grant administrator access to the identified account:

-- Uncomment the following if this is being executed on a multi-tenant database
--EXEC dbo.SetTenant 'Your tenant name'

EXEC dbo.GrantCurrentOperatorFullAccess 'DOMAIN\your-account-name'

With that said, I'm not entirely confident that this will help. As you indicated in the initial post in this thread that you are [already] an administrator, and nobody can login, it sounds like something else may be going on here that won't be resolved by these steps.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

@nidhikamat1994 - After you have created a new Account, you must assign a role to it.

1) On the Accounts view, click on the Name link to open up that account.

2) You will see the assigned role for that user, which will be blank.

3) Click on the drop-down list and select the correct role, such as "Administrator".

4) Next, scroll all the way down the page and in the bottom-right click on the Save button.

You have now assigned a Role to a new FlexNet Account.

How do you get to the accounts view if you can't login? The issue is her account and all others cannot access the GUI - this is on-prem
I cannot access WebUI. It says sign in failure. No other person has access to WebUI. The only way for me is to update my role through Database.

@nidhikamat1994 / @Kimberly_snyder - If no one can currently log in, but previously they could log in, then it is likely that your FNMS License Key has expired.

What is the error message that you see when you try to log in?

This is an on prem multi-tenant instance. From a login perspective there is no error, all tenants are grayed out. Nidhi indicates that there were no accounts in the tables and was able to recreate the accounts but without roles we cannot access the accounts. She is trying to assign herself to the administrator role via the database so that she can then add the operators via the GUI to their needed tenants

@Kimberly_snyder - OK, thank you for the clarification.  I am not that familiar with FNMS On-Premises Multi-Tenant.  I think that when you perform the installation, the Installation Account becomes the default Administrator, and this account is then used to create/assign other accounts.

I would reach out to Flexera Support to make sure your new Admin account gets created correctly for Multi-Tenant.

Perhaps someone else in the Community familiar with FNMS-OP Multi-Tenant will provide some additional insight for you.

Executing statements like the following (with string values replaced as appropriate) on the compliance database will nominally grant administrator access to the identified account:

-- Uncomment the following if this is being executed on a multi-tenant database
--EXEC dbo.SetTenant 'Your tenant name'

EXEC dbo.GrantCurrentOperatorFullAccess 'DOMAIN\your-account-name'

With that said, I'm not entirely confident that this will help. As you indicated in the initial post in this thread that you are [already] an administrator, and nobody can login, it sounds like something else may be going on here that won't be resolved by these steps.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)