cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent installation issue in RHEL 7 OS 64bit

Hi Forum,

We are installing Flexnet inventory agent RPM package 15.0 X86 64bit in RHEL 7 OS and getting the below error.

warning: managesoft-15.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 3eb44861: NOKEY
error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: mkdir failed - No such file or directory
error: managesoft-15.0.0-1.x86_64: install failed
Applying custom configuration into config.ini
./flexnet_instlattion.sh: line 45: /opt/managesoft/bin/mgsconfig: No such file or directory
./flexnet_instlattion.sh: line 51: /opt/managesoft/bin/mgspolicy: No such file or directory

Tried using a new RPM file and the same issue in few servers. Any suggestions please

Regards,

(11) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I hope I'm not asking the obvious here, but are you running the install using an account that has root rights?

If you haven't tried this already, perhaps try running rpm with the "-vv" option to get debugging output to see if that helps to understand the cause of the error.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Winvarma,

I agree with Chris' point here - I would ensure your permissions are root-level.
Additionally, are you using the installation command specified in the Gathering FlexNet Inventory Guide? 

rpm --upgrade --oldpackage --verbose managesoft-[VERSION]-1.x86_64.rpm

I gathered this from the following page:
https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R1/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/tasks/FA3-InstallUNIX.html

Kind regards and thanks,

Jack

Flexera Support

Hi @ChrisG , @jevans ,

We are using sudo permissions while installing the agent and only in few servers will try as suggested and will provide the observations.

Regards,

To install Inventory Manager for managed devices log in to the client, open a shell window and run the appropriate install command (platform dependent) as a user with root privileges.

▪ AIX:
/usr/sbin/installp –aYF -d /var/tmp/managesoft.13.1.1.1.bff managesoft.rte
▪ HP-UX:
/usr/sbin/swinstall -s /var/tmp/managesoft-13.1.1.depot managesoft
▪ Linux X86:
rpm -i /var/tmp/managesoft-13.1.1-1.i386.rpm
▪ Linux X86_64:
rpm -i /var/tmp/managesoft-13.1.1-1.x86_64.rpm

hi @durgeshsingh ,

we are using the commands as you mentioned.

Regards,

Hi ,

we have tried using the public key of the RPM package and still the same issue .

Regards,

hi Forum,

any further suggestions on this and we are facing this issue on all the servers where a particular application is hosted and we are unable to install the agent.

Thanks

What is the application that you've found installed on the problematic servers?

I wonder whether there is a problem with that application's RPM package that is causing a problem with the installation of other RPM packages.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

All these problematic servers are hosted with API integration platform services.

We have raised a case with support and awaiting for response.

regards,

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
Depending on your setup, you might only be allowed to install signed packages. There is a key that you can download from product & licensing centre