cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planview integration with Technopedia

Hello experts,

We are looking to migrate our Software Product and Software Product Version data we loaded into Planview from Technopedia.

The key piece of this is that we have IDs from FlexNet Manager Suite (on-prem) before we upgraded to Flexera One for these items that are different from the IDs used now in Technopedia. In order to enable the Flexera to PV-Enterprise Architecture integration we need to load the new Technopedia IDs into Planview Enterprise Architecture. What we need to do this is a cross-reference of the old FlexNet Manager IDs to the new Technopedia IDs for both Software Products and Software Product Versions. 

Any advises? 

Thanks,

Peng

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Flexera has a "crosswalk" mapping between software releases in Technopedia and application in the ARL.

Crosswalk data appears in the table named CAT_FLEXERA_ARL in your Technopedia database. From memory I think a special license term may need to be enabled to get this data - so if you don't see the table or the table is empty, you may need to contact Flexera to request this term be added to your license.

FlexNet Manager Suite has a Technopedia connect which imports the crosswalk data so that it can be included in custom reports. See the following documentation: Technopedia Adapter.

Be aware that this is a many-to-many mapping as Technopedia and ARL model software details at different levels of granularity and from different perspectives, so you will have to be prepared to deal with that. In particular:

• Each Technopedia software release can map to 0 or more ARL applications
  • Each ARL application can map to 0 or more Technopedia software releases

Also be aware that the crosswalk data may not be populated for all software that you are interested in. Updates can be requested through Flexera's normal content gap-fill request process.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Flexera has a "crosswalk" mapping between software releases in Technopedia and application in the ARL.

Crosswalk data appears in the table named CAT_FLEXERA_ARL in your Technopedia database. From memory I think a special license term may need to be enabled to get this data - so if you don't see the table or the table is empty, you may need to contact Flexera to request this term be added to your license.

FlexNet Manager Suite has a Technopedia connect which imports the crosswalk data so that it can be included in custom reports. See the following documentation: Technopedia Adapter.

Be aware that this is a many-to-many mapping as Technopedia and ARL model software details at different levels of granularity and from different perspectives, so you will have to be prepared to deal with that. In particular:

• Each Technopedia software release can map to 0 or more ARL applications
  • Each ARL application can map to 0 or more Technopedia software releases

Also be aware that the crosswalk data may not be populated for all software that you are interested in. Updates can be requested through Flexera's normal content gap-fill request process.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG Hello Chris, Thanks a lot for the information. We are in Flexera One cloud version, may I ask you how I can check if we have access to CAT_FLEXERA_ARL tableThe webpage display Technopedia dashboard for hardware and software once We click the 'Technopedia' tab on the left side.  We did the data import from FNMS 2022 R2 ARL. Now we would like to import data to Planview from Technopedia. 

I'm not so familiar with what data is exposed in this area through Technopedia Cloud (in Flexera One) sorry, but the crosswalk data may be what is included in the ArlAlignment data set that can be accessed through the Technopedia Cloud GraphQL API.

There is also a "v1" Technopedia API that many older integrations use to extract data from Technopedia, although I'm pretty certain that crosswalk data is not exposed through that API.