cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mashup Process | Changes

Hi, our mash up data could and would change regularly and as we're new to data platform, I wanted to test how a change would be processed and appear in resulting reports.  It didn't turn out as I expected.  Here's what I did:

First Mashup file

KEY-Hostname:Server Name,Server Primary Application

ABCBRS123P6,PBJ Tracker

XYZBRS567P6,PBJ Tracker

All Data platform processes where run, then I ran an analyzer report on "SYS hostname" and mash up field "Server primary application"

The resulting analyzer report looked like this:

SYS Hostname

Server primary application

ABCBRS123P6

PBJ Tracker

All good, as I expected. But then I did a second mashup file.

Second mashup file

For "SYS Hostname" field "ABCBRS123P6" I changed the "Server primary application", in the same mashup file, from "PBJ Tracker" to "ABC calendar"

KEY-Hostname:Server Name,Server Primary Application

ABCBRS123P6, ABC calendar

All Data platform processes where run, then I did another analyzer report on "SYS hostname" and mash up field "Server primary application".  The resulting analyzer report looked like this:  

SYS Hostname

Server primary application

ABCBRS123P6

PBJ Tracker

ABCBRS123P6

ABC calendar

The same hostname had 2 records, one for each of the application names.  This itself is a realistic scenario (multiple apps on same host) but I removed the old record and expected that the old record would not be reported again in the analyzer reports.  I tried a few filters (INV latest, dedup etc) but the old record continued to be reported. 

I double checked -

• the only records that had multiple records appear was for the hostname record I changed
  • the record I changed was not duplicated in the file itself

Does anyone have experience with the mashup process?  What am I missing?

Thanks

PBJ

(1) Solution
I've found the anwser myself. Use need to use the "INV is Latest?" with filter set to "yes" or you could use "INV Date" value to filter.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
I've found the anwser myself. Use need to use the "INV is Latest?" with filter set to "yes" or you could use "INV Date" value to filter.