cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Platform Upgrade

Have a customer that is on 5.5.21 of Data Platform.  Would like to get them upgraded but wanted to make sure it would be as simple as applying all of the updates or since they are so far behind there is a different upgrade process.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

(4) Replies
jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hi, somewhere around there is a series of updates that change the encryption algorithm for the passwords in the Data Server and User Console config files.

I am unsure about how smooth that upgrade process is through those these day.

I remember it requiring some help from Flexera level 2 support to get it upgraded.

j

gliu
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

@goody612 , JasonLu is right. The Data server has changed the encryption algorithm in 5.5.22, and the User Console server will require a new Analyze license for 5.5.22 and higher version as well.

We highly recommend doing a backup using Migration Wizard, then re-install using 5.5.48 full installer. If need further assistance, please feel free to log a support case.

So will I need to request a new license?  We are planning on doing a fresh install using the 5.5.48 installer as well.

@goody612 , yes, a new analyze license might be required. I would suggest you log a new case and let us know the timeline, so support can assist you with the new installation, including the license thing.