cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Platform/ServiceNow Integration - Active vs Inactive Devices

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

It looks like only active devices get exported from Data Platform into ServiceNow. Is it possible to also send inactive device data?

Thanks

(8) Replies
gliu
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

@dbeckner Yes, you can edit the filters in the Export Definition for computer table  in your ServiceNow instance to include the Inactive device.

Hey @gliu thanks for getting back to me. I want to confirm that this would allow Data Platform to send inactive devices back to ServiceNow. These properties look to me like they control the data that is exported from ServiceNow to Data Platform, but I could be wrong.

@danbeckner , Data Platform will send all mapped data back to ServiceNow, so if the inactive devices was extorted from ServiceNow to Data Platform, Data Platform will send it back to ServiceNow after normalization.

@gliu  Thanks. I guess I want to confirm this is correct end to end. We are not importing data from ServiceNow. We are only exporting data to ServiceNow. Our inventory source is FlexNet Manager so we are importing into Data Platform from FNMS and then exporting from Data Platform into ServiceNow. We currently only see devices in ServiceNow from Data Platform that have an Active = Yes flag. So if I make this change in the export definition will it allow the Inactive devices in Data Platform to also be imported into ServiceNow.

@dbeckner thank you for the details.
Please make sure you have proper status checked in your FNMS normalize job settings page. status for DP export.png

@gliu we have all options checked for this job, but we only see active devices exported to the Flexera Scoped app in ServiceNow. Is there another setting we need to update somewhere to allow all devices regardless of status to be exported into ServiceNow?

@dbeckner , no, did you see any computer in inactive status in User Console report? 
Meanwhile, could you please log a support case for this, we might need to set up a call to go over the settings and data on your env.

Yep I'll open a case. thanks!