cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business adaptor

Hi!!!!

I need to add a consumption that I extract through a csv to a license created in flexera. 

I am using a Business adaptor, through which it will look for the corresponding license from the CSV list and it would load in this case the daily consumption.

But in the modifiable fields of the BA there is none that matches the consumption as such.

Do any of you have a simple example of how to do this?

I have thought also in using a Custom SQL but, I still lack towards which tables would go directed the update.

Thanks!!

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, a custom SQL statement in your adapter can be used to populate the "Consumed entitlements" field on license records with a type of "Custom metric". For example:

UPDATE sl
SET NumberInstalled = il.Consumed
FROM dbo.SoftwareLicense sl
	JOIN #ECMImport_License il ON il.License_ID = sl.SoftwareLicenseID

This particular example query assumes that your business adapter has been configured to hold the data being imported in a temporary table named #ECMImport_License that has the following columns:

• License_ID (INT): The database ID of the SoftwareLicense record to be updated.
  • Consumed (INT): Value to store in the "Consumed entitlements" field on the license.

You should implement the logic of your adapter to ensure that only licenses of type "Custom Metric" are updated in this way. You cannot directly set the consumed count on other types of licenses.

I'm not aware of any way to currently do this sort of thing with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, a custom SQL statement in your adapter can be used to populate the "Consumed entitlements" field on license records with a type of "Custom metric". For example:

UPDATE sl
SET NumberInstalled = il.Consumed
FROM dbo.SoftwareLicense sl
	JOIN #ECMImport_License il ON il.License_ID = sl.SoftwareLicenseID

This particular example query assumes that your business adapter has been configured to hold the data being imported in a temporary table named #ECMImport_License that has the following columns:

• License_ID (INT): The database ID of the SoftwareLicense record to be updated.
  • Consumed (INT): Value to store in the "Consumed entitlements" field on the license.

You should implement the logic of your adapter to ensure that only licenses of type "Custom Metric" are updated in this way. You cannot directly set the consumed count on other types of licenses.

I'm not aware of any way to currently do this sort of thing with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you very much,

This is exactly what you are looking for, I have it already working in my system.

I never thought that I would have to use that column, in the documentation it does not specify well which columns are the most suitable.

Thank you very much again