cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Tibco Web Service for ITSM Integration?

We are trying to connect to Tibco WSDL rather than Remedy WSDL.  We are unable to get it to work.  It requires a username and password and the Tibco administrator said there isn't one.  We tried "Integrated", and "Provided Credentials" with no username/password and all sorts of user IDs and passwords but doesn't like it.

We looked at 3rd Party Integration and custom Web Service Commands but they all require a username/password.  Can we communicate with Tibco using any of these integrations?

Thanks!

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
I have to admit that I know absolutely nothing about Tibco, or calling a Tibco web service.. It is likely that you might have to create some type of custom "wrapper" web service around the Tibco web service, which you could then call from within App Portal, as App Portal would be limited to primitive data type parameters such as int, string, and bool. I might suggest that you try calling the Tibco web service from within a powershell script to see if you can get it working.. If so, then it should be easy enough to pass parameters into the powershell script , which could be launched as a command.

Again, I don't know anything about Tibco, including the available API calls, but I did search and found some hits regarding calling Tibco in powershell.. The following mentions Tibco Spotfire:

https://community.tibco.com/wiki/automating-tibco-spotfire-scripting-tools

It does look like you need to install a library in this case.

You could possibly try copying the WSDL file locally on your App Portal server under the Web\WS folder and then in your ITSM system settings, point to http://localhost/esd/ws/tibco.wsdl (or whatever the proper file name is).  Then for the credentials, you can specify any credentials with permissions to that URI in IIS (e.g. the App Portal service account credentials).  I can't guarantee this will work, since I would think you'd still have to provide some form of authentication to Tibco, but it's worth a shot.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
That is actually what we tried originally. It didn't work. We are just not going to use TIBCO.

Thanks anyway!