cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a catalog item be creates to redirect user to another website?

Is it possible to create a catalog item that when selected, it redirects users to another tool such as a website?

(1) Solution

There are multiple ways you could accomplish this, but I think the best user experience would probably be using the Visibility Alternate Message.  Normally when you add visibility conditions to a catalog item, App Portal hides that catalog item from users that don't match the criteria.  However, App Portal also provides something called Visibility Alternate Message.  If you specify an Alternate Message and check the box labeled Instead of hiding request, display the message below, then instead of hiding the item from the catalog, App Portal will show the catalog item; but when a user tries to add the item to their cart, your Alternate Message will be displayed and the item will not be added to the cart.  The Alternate Message allows full HTML, so you could provide a friendly message with a hyperlink, or you could simply display the redirect URL (whatever your preference).

Flexera HelpNet Documentation - Visibility Tab

Flexera HelpNet Documentation - Alternate Message Subtab

Configure Visibility Condition to Exclude all Domain UsersConfigure Visibility Condition to Exclude all Domain UsersConfigure Alternate Message with Redirection HyperlinkConfigure Alternate Message with Redirection HyperlinkEnd User Popup When Attempting to Add to CartEnd User Popup When Attempting to Add to Cart

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

There are multiple ways you could accomplish this, but I think the best user experience would probably be using the Visibility Alternate Message.  Normally when you add visibility conditions to a catalog item, App Portal hides that catalog item from users that don't match the criteria.  However, App Portal also provides something called Visibility Alternate Message.  If you specify an Alternate Message and check the box labeled Instead of hiding request, display the message below, then instead of hiding the item from the catalog, App Portal will show the catalog item; but when a user tries to add the item to their cart, your Alternate Message will be displayed and the item will not be added to the cart.  The Alternate Message allows full HTML, so you could provide a friendly message with a hyperlink, or you could simply display the redirect URL (whatever your preference).

Flexera HelpNet Documentation - Visibility Tab

Flexera HelpNet Documentation - Alternate Message Subtab

Configure Visibility Condition to Exclude all Domain UsersConfigure Visibility Condition to Exclude all Domain UsersConfigure Alternate Message with Redirection HyperlinkConfigure Alternate Message with Redirection HyperlinkEnd User Popup When Attempting to Add to CartEnd User Popup When Attempting to Add to Cart

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".