cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal / Broker and SCCM Deployments

1. How does App Broker initiates the Machine Policy update when an install is requested. It appears we have an issue on a very large install from a network drive is not kicking the script off to do the install at the policy update step and SCCM is not getting notified to start the install. Other applications are working fine.
(1) Solution

I am not sure how its sent! I have encountered similar issues with policies and under Site Management > Setting > Deployment > ConfigMgr/SCCM2012 > Check the radio box to "Use SCCM server for machine policy refresh" 

I dont believe its enabled by default, and that has given us better response times with installs. 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

I am not sure how its sent! I have encountered similar issues with policies and under Site Management > Setting > Deployment > ConfigMgr/SCCM2012 > Check the radio box to "Use SCCM server for machine policy refresh" 

I dont believe its enabled by default, and that has given us better response times with installs. 

Checked and that is checked. The customer tech team is working with Flexera team and customers SCCM owner to see if there is anything they can see going on to speed up the response time.

There can also be inherent delays if using an SCCM environment with a CAS.  App Portal will communicate with the CAS and update the collection membership rules there for the appropriate catalog item collection.  The collection rules then have to replicate to each primary site where collection evaluation is run.  After each primary site has evaluated the collection membership, that membership is replicated back to the CAS.  The problem with policy evaluation is that we use the SCCM client notification channel (when that box is checked) to notify the client that it should check for new policies.  If that client notification happens before the collection evaluation is completed (and policies updated accordingly), then the client won't get the new policy until the next standard client polling interval (normally an hour).  Is that what you've been seeing, or is it something different?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Checked with packaging and they are not using CAS. 

Currently it seems to be possibly a cache for the large file download full issue. 

I will return to this questions when I have more details.