cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Micro SysPrep

We are planning an upgrade to Windows 11 and more specifically compatibility with Microsoft SysPrep. I've been asked to check if App Broker/App Portal is compatible:

• Ability to be anonymized (will it work with Microsoft SysPrep)
  • Any commands needed to anonymize, if required.
  • Any commands needed to serialize post deployment, if required.

I don't think this would interfere or be an issue but wanted to double check.

(1) Solution

I'm confused.  Where would App Portal come into play with Sysprep?  Sysprep is used in the image creation/preparation process to be deployed through SCCM or other techniques.  App Portal is typically just responsible for adding devices into collections to tell SCCM what image to deploy to which machine.  There are some more advanced things you can do to integrate App Portal with USMT (scanstate/loadstate) and telling SCCM which applications to be installed after the image is applied, but again, this is all deployment activity, not image creation/preparation activity.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

I'm confused.  Where would App Portal come into play with Sysprep?  Sysprep is used in the image creation/preparation process to be deployed through SCCM or other techniques.  App Portal is typically just responsible for adding devices into collections to tell SCCM what image to deploy to which machine.  There are some more advanced things you can do to integrate App Portal with USMT (scanstate/loadstate) and telling SCCM which applications to be installed after the image is applied, but again, this is all deployment activity, not image creation/preparation activity.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Thank you Jim.  I didn't think there was any issue but I'm not familiar with SysPrep so wanted to be sure.