cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Self-registering .AX files are failing to register

I have a set of .AX files (ActiveMovie/DirectShow codecs) that successfully register via "REGSVR32 ". I tried to find a method of scripting this after the files were installed and was led to the "Self-Register" ability in components. Is there any o...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Build Defaults Instead of Build Wizard Each Time

I am looking for a way to set the default build settings in AdminStudio. I would like to be able to open an ISM after repackaging and then just hit F7 to build the release configuration that I do 90% of the time - rather than having to do the releas...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Product registration problems

I get the following error in my application log when trying to install a package I created with the isrepackager. Product: MP2 -- Error 1406.Could not write value VersionMajor to key UNKNOWN\Products\BAB5F10DF33C99C44A3BF2A00841EBF1\InstallPropertie...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaged Setup File after 30 Day??

I have 30 Day Eval InstallShield Admin Studio 3.0I created a setup file with repackage.This setup file or msi file will expire after 30 Day ??Please help me?Osman TASKIRANosmantaskiran@superonline.com101243522

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

where are my shortcuts?

when I repackage many of my applications, I get no shortcutshere is the last part of my .inc fileall those files exist.CreateLink('Aide macro EuroConverter pour Excel','%ProgramFilesFolder%\SOPRA\EcCalc\ecs.hlp','%ProgramFilesFolder%\SOPRA\EcCalc',''...

looeee by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Won't install to "MyPath"

I am trying to create a transform for an application (NAVCE) to install to a directory of my choice. No matter what I do, it always installs to the default directory. My directory is outside of the ProgramFiles dir.

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager - out of memory

Hi,Just installed AdminStudio, and then ran the repackager setup pgm on a fresh w2k sp2 server machine (Box is a Dual CPU with 1GB RAM).Running in multiple pass mode, the initial snapshot worked fine. After making my changes and rerunning the repack...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Evaluation question

Does anyone know how long the evaluation copy works and if there are any limitations to it like functionality that doesn't work?Thanks.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turning MST parameters into variables.

Hi All, Thanks for the previous help. I need help with this one..Using MsiExec.exe command-line parameters, Properties, I want to be able to pass the ProductName and ProductVersion to an installation. I think this is possible with the right syntax,M...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos